The Water Services Division of the Public Works Department is comprised of the Water and Sanitation Sections. The City is dedicated to providing quality services to the residents of Garden Grove. The goal of the Water Services Section is to provide sufficient and safe water at the lowest possible cost to the City’s residents. To meet this goal, we believe it is our responsibility to provide the public proper guidance and education on all aspects of water.
We know that our water resources aren’t limitless, more so now because of the severe drought our state is facing. We all have to do our part to protect and conserve water to alleviate our immediate conditions and continue these practices to help ensure a sustainable environment for the future.
In response to an adequate water supply and the elimination of the State Water Board's water reduction mandate, the City of Garden Grove has declared a Stage 1 Voluntary Conservation Water Watch conservation level. Stage 1 took effect on September 13, 2016 and includes the following guidelines:
- On a voluntary basis, customers may water once every other day, before 10 am and after 5 pm, for a maximum of 15 minutes per station..
- Watering by use of a hand-water shut-off nozzle is permitted any day.
For more information on current restrictions, please refer to the Updated Water Conservation Ordinance
Top Ten Water Wasters
- Over watering your lawn
750 - 1,500 gallons a month
- Leaky faucets
20 gallons a day for every leak
- Running the hose while washing your car
150 gallons a wash
- High-flow showerhead
500-800 gallons a month
- Partial loads in the washing machine and dishwasher
300-800 gallons a month
- Long showers
700 gallons a month
- Hosing driveways and sidewalks
150 gallons each time
600 gallons a month
- Using toilet as a waste basket
400-600 gallons a month
- Letting tap water warm up without capturing any
200-300 gallons a month
- Sprinklers watering driveways, sidewalks or gutter
500 gallons a month
- Water Operation
- Water Conservation
- Water Quality Section
- Capital Improvement Projects
- 2015 Urban Water Management Plan
- History of Water Use in Garden Grove
- Orange County Water District Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings
- Orange County Monthly Water Supply Report - October 2020
- Orange County Regional Water & Wastewater Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Garden Grove 2021 Corrected Rate Adjustment Notice
- CDC Guidance on Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
- Water Gate Valve Replacement Program Map-In Progress
(Repairs, Administration, Engineering, Operations, Sanitation, and Water Quality)
Garden Grove Municipal Service Center
13802 Newhope Street
Garden Grove, CA 92843
Phone: (714) 741-5395
(Billing Inquiries, Water Payments, New Accounts and Turn-on/Disconnect)
Garden Grove City Hall
11222 Acacia Parkway
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Phone: (714) 741-5078
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed every other Friday
Water Emergency Services
During Business Hours: (714) 741-5395
After Business Hours: (714) 741-5704 (This number is answered by the Police Department)
Water Customers and/or Plumbers are NOT to operate water shut-off valves. If damaged, responsible party is liable for repairs/replacement.