Skip to main content

SB 998 Information

Alternative Payment Arrangements and Discontinuation Policy

Alternative Payment Arrangements

Alternative Payment Arrangements are for customers who need extra time to pay their past due balance. The purpose of these arrangements is to protect the health and well-being of low-income families, physically disabled persons, and persons with life-threatening medical conditions by helping them avoid water shut off due to nonpayment. As such, Alternative Payment Arrangements require the following certifications:

  1. Certification of a Primary Care Provider - this form (Form 998-A) certifies that discontinuation of water service poses a serious threat to the health and safety of residents living at the service address.
  2. Certification of Financial Hardship - this form (Form 998-B or B2) certifies that the residents living at the service address are unable to pay for water within Garden Grove’s normal billing cycle.

Instructions on how to obtain an Alternative Payment Arrangement:

  1. Call (714) 741-5078 to confirm the deadline to submit Form 998-A and Form 998-B or B2
  2. Complete and submit Form 998-A and Form 998-B or B2 by the deadline
  3. The City of Garden Grove Water Billing Department will contact you within 15 days with a proposed payment arrangement
  4. Date and sign the Agreement to Payment Arrangement

Discontinuation Policy

For more information about the policy on discontinuation of residential water service, including how to contest a bill, please click a language below.

 Number of residential water service disconnections due to inability to pay: 0

Reporting Period: February 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020