Skip to main content

Public Works FAQ's

Where can I pay a parking ticket?

Citations (parking only) may be paid by one of the following methods:

  1. Mail the citation with a check or money order in the provided envelope to the City of Garden Grove, P.O. Box 409 Tustin, CA 92781-0409.
  2. Pay in person during business hours at City Hall, 11222 Acacia Parkway.
  3. Pay in person during business hours at the Municipal Service Center at 13802 Newhope Street.
  4. Place in the drop box in front of City Hall.
How do I contest a Garden Grove Parking ticket?

Parking citations may be contested within 21 days of issuance, or within 14 days of the date of a delinquency notice.

A deposit in the amount of the fine must be made, and a signed statement explaining the reason for contesting must be submitted to the City of Garden Grove, P.O. Box 409 Tustin, CA 92781-0409 within this time period. Hearings may be requested in person or by mail, and may be conducted in person or by mail. Additional information may be obtained by calling (800) 453-1606 or go to

You can avoid parking citations by Being Informed About Parking Laws.

What is the street sweeping schedule for my area?

Click here to view Street Sweeping Map. Residential streets are swept twice a month on specified days between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Arterial streets are swept weekly between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. Signs will indicate the restricted days and hours. For residential areas, key signs are posted at entrances to neighborhoods from any major boulevard. If you would like a brochure and map mailed to you, contact us at (714) 741-5375.

Will the street sweeping schedule change during the holiday period?

Visit Street Sweeping for complete list of City-observed holidays. Streets are not swept on City holidays, and schedules for the week are not changed to accommodate holidays. If a City-recognized holiday falls on your regular sweeping day, it is canceled, and no make-up days are scheduled. Your street will be swept on the next regular sweeping day. For questions regarding specific holidays, contact us at (714) 741-5375.

How can I get a parkway tree removed?

The City of Garden Grove promotes the planting of trees rather than their removal; however, a City Council policy passed in 1972 permits residents to petition for the removal and replacement of City-owned trees.

When the reasons for removal do not meet criteria for removal, the petitioners' request may be granted when certain conditions are met. Conditions for approval of the tree removal include support by petition from adjacent property owners to bear the costs for removal, and agreement on species from City-approved selection list. For more information, call Public Works at (714) 741-5375 or the Trees Section at (714) 741-5384.

Water seems to just sit in the gutter in front of my house, can someone fix it?

The first suggestion is to make sure the gutter is clear of leaves and debris "down-stream" before calling Public Works at (714) 741-5375. A service request will then be prepared and an inspector will visit the site within a few days.

The repair may include grinding down the gutter to improve drainage; or, in the event that the curb and gutter are damaged, it may be scheduled for replacement. The inspector will report results of the inspection to you.

Who do I call for shopping cart removal?

If you see an abandoned shopping cart, please report online at: or call (888) 992-4778

Please be prepared to report the location (exact street address or nearest cross streets) of the shopping cart.

Who will fix a burned-out street light?

Street lights are maintained by the Southern California Edison. Call SCE at (800) 655-4555.

Who maintains the timers for the lights in the parks?

The Parks Division maintains all of the light timers in City parks.

To report problems or request assistance, call (714) 741-5386.

Why is the grass in the parks turning brown?

Winter is a dormant season for most ground covers, and lawns in the City parks will appear brown or straw-colored during this time. Don't worry, the City's staff of professional landscapers is aware of the seasonal changes and makes every effort to ensure that lawns stay healthy and well cared-for.

If you do have a particular concern, or see damaged, diseased, or pest-infested foliage in parks, please call Parks Maintenance at (714) 741-5386.

What do I do with my used oil and oil filters?
Who do I call when I see a dead dog in the street, or a stray animal?

As of January 1, 2017, OC Animal Care no longer provides animal services for Garden Grove. Instead, all animal field and licensing services will be provided by the City of Garden Grove under Garden Grove Animal Care Services. To make a report or to file a complaint about an animal, contact Garden Grove Animal Care Services at (714) 741-5565. For more information, please visit

When is a street permit required?

For all questions regarding street permits please see the Frequently Asked Questions page.

How do I report bus stop maintenance issues (e.g. trash, graffiti, damaged bus bench)?

Report bus stop maintenance issues by calling (714) 741-5554. For bus route information, visit the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) website or call (714) 560-6282.