Location11300 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
H. Louis Lake Senior Center (Video)
August & September Scoops
Senior Lunch Menu (August)
August 2019 Special Events
September 2019 Special Events
The H. Louis Lake Senior Center offers Seniors 50 years and older a multitude of services and activities. No membership is required, but all participants must fill out an emergency card. A Congregate Meal Program Registration Form is required If you plan to stay for lunch. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
|Flu Shots||Thursday, September 19|
|Pool Tournament||Tuesday, September 24|
|Monster Mash Dance||Friday, October 18|
- MEALS ON WHEELS VOLUNTEERS: Home-delivered meal drivers are responsible for following a daily route to bring meals to the homes of homebound seniors who are enrolled in our program. You also have the option of assisting the Meals on Wheels coordinator with packing meals. Hours: 8:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m. One route usually takes no longer than 30 to 45 minutes. Meals On Wheels Flyer
- OFFICE VOLUNTEERS: Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable. Answer phones and operate a switchboard. Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties. Schedule and follow-up office appointments. Hours: 9:00a.m. to 3:30p.m.
- KITCHEN HELPER: Help serve lunch at the Senior Center Kitchen to participants Monday through Friday between 11:45a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- LUNCH SERVER: Distribute lunch to participants Monday through Friday in the dining room between 11:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- DININIG ROOM REGISTRATION DESK: Assist with Daily Participant Sign In Sheet & follow Sign In sheet procedures.
- SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEER: Help prepare for special events, such as decorating, balloons, utensils, and other areas as needed.
- BINGO CALLER/BINGO CLERK VOLUNTEER: Calls out the numbers during bingo game. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within bingo. Sell bingo card to players in assigned area and verifies winning cards. Provides prompt and courteous service to all guest.
Daily hot lunches are available for Seniors age 60 and older for a suggested donation of $3.50. For those younger than 60 the cost of lunch is $5.00. Transportation is available to Seniors living in Garden Grove that participate in the lunch program. Caring volunteers are needed for approximately 1 - 2 hours a week to deliver home meals to socially isolated seniors in Garden Grove.
The Center offers many volunteer opportunities, activities, travel opportunities, classes, holiday parties, sports and special events. Classes include exercise (Tai Chi, low impact aerobics), line dancing, crafts (ceramics, jewelry making, sewing, needlecraft), cards (bridge and pinochle). The Center has two regulation pool tables, shuffleboard, bocci ball, longevity stick exercise, Zumba, line dancing and dancercise.
If you are a Garden Grove resident 60 years of age or older you may eligible to participate in our program. This program provides transportation to the H. Louis Lake Senior Center, medical appointments, and grocery shopping. Services will take you within the Garden Grove city limits and up to 5 miles outside city limits.
Contact H. Louis Lake Senior Center to make appointments for Legal Aid, Preventative Health Care, Health Insurance & Medicare Counseling, and Tax Assistance.