Meeting and Banquet Facilities FAQ's
The Family Resource Centers will have limited services. Please call the centers directly for more information: Buena Clinton Youth and Family Center, (714) 741-5768; Magnolia Park Family Resource Center, (714) 530-7413.
The Community Meeting Center and Courtyard Center are open for small group business meetings with reduced room capacities. Large social gatherings are not allowed per State guidelines. For more information, please call 714-741-5262.
Park buildings and picnic shelters are closed due to gathering limitations. For information, please call 714-741-5200.
All other park amenities including playgrounds, fitness equipment, basketball courts, skate spot, etc. are open. All park patrons are encouraged to continue to wear masks and social distance for the safety and consideration of all users.
For more information, call (714) 741-5200.
- Where are the facilities located? How many guests will each facility hold?
- I live in Garden Grove, do I get a special rental rate?
- My niece is getting married. She does not live in Garden Grove, but I do. If I book the event, will the Garden Grove Resident Rate still apply?
- Must I make an appointment to view rooms?
- Can we serve alcohol at our event?
- How long can my event last? What time must the music and alcohol service stop?
- Can we have a band/DJ?
- Do you have Audio Visual (AV) equipment?
- How clean does the facility need to be before we leave?
- Do I need to have security? Can I provide my own security?
- When do I have to pay the rental fees? Do I have to pay them all at once?
- May I pay the fees with cash?
- Rental includes 90 minutes (1.5 hour) before the event to set-up and decorate, but can we purchase more hours to set up if we need them?
- Do you supply table linens and chair covers?<
- Can we bring in our own tables and chairs?
- Can we cook at the facility, or bring in our own caterer?
- Do you have an ice machine, or do we need to bring our own?
- We need to change dresses during the event. Do you have a place for my group to change during the event?
- Are we able to store items at the facility before, or after the event?
- Can we buy coffee or sodas through you?
- Can we bring in a Bounce House?
The City of Garden Grove offers three venues designed for celebration, and business events of all sizes. Seating capacities vary, and are outlined below:
Garden Grove Community Meeting Center
11300 Stanford Ave, Garden Grove CA 92840
Banquet – Seats up to 312 with dance floor; 360 without dance floor.
Theater – Seats up to 456 with mandatory center aisle.
Classroom – Seats up to 122 with two chairs at each 6’ table
For suggested diagrams, please click on the facility in the left column.
12732 Main Street, Garden Grove CA 92840
Banquet – Seats up to 104 with dance floor; 120 without dance floor.
Theater – Seats up to 150 with mandatory center aisle.
Classroom – Seats up to 30 with 6’ tables and two chairs each
Outdoor enclosed patio – Seats up to 75 for ceremony.
Courtyard may not be used for additional banquet guest seating.
H. Louis Lake Senior Center
11300 Stanford Ave, Garden Grove CA 92840
Banquet – Seats up to 120
Theater – Seats up to 130 with mandatory center aisle.
Yes! Garden Grove residents receive a reduced rental rate.
Proof of residency applies.
Yes, it does apply as long as you provide valid identification and proof of residency (such as a recent utility bill). Both need to match. Moreover, the person getting the Garden Grove rate would be the responsible party, contract holder, and main contact.
Yes. We are happy to provide guided tours of our venues, based on availability. Tours are typically scheduled Monday and Wednesday afternoons; other appointment times may be accommodated based on staff availability. Please contact us at 714/741-5262 to schedule your tour today.
Yes. Alcohol is permitted at all three of our Meeting and Banquet Facilities. Based on type of event and age of celebrant, restrictions may apply. Alcohol must be served from cups or cans; all glass bottles to remain at bar. Champagne pouring may be allowed at tables, but glass bottles are not allowed to sit on tables.
If alcohol is to be sold, or monetary donations are to be accepted in exchange for alcohol, client must obtain a license from the State Alcohol Beverage Control Department. Specifics are outlined under USE OF ALCOHOL in the Policy Packet.
Weekend events (Fri-Sun) may last a maximum of six (6) hours.
Weekday hour maximums vary based on availability.
Included in weekend facility rental package, are the following consecutive hours:
- 90 minutes (1.5 hours) prior to the event for set-up and decorating
- + 60 minutes (1 hour) following the event for clean-up.
- Events must end at 11pm.
- For the safety of your guests, alcohol service must end 60 minutes (1 hour) prior to the end of the event.
- Guided by a noise ordinance, and to facilitate the exit of your guests in a timely manner, music must end 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
Additional set-up hours may be purchased.
Additional event hours are not available.
Yes, you may have a band and/or DJ. Sometimes DJ and Band equipment and set-ups are extensive and may cause potential safety concerns for your guests, approval of anticipated equipment is required. Liability insurance may be required based on review of the proposed equipment set-up.
All equipment brought into our facilities must be in good working condition, and must have rubber tips covering any edges.
We do have a variety of AV equipment to support your needs. Please refer to our Equipment Rental and Beverage Package page.
Clients are responsible to leave the facility in the same good condition that they found it. To make this task as easy as possible, staff will provide trash bags, brooms, cleaning supplies, mop, and gloves, as needed. Client does not need to stack chairs or move tables. The Policy Packet provides a full overview.
Security is required. More information is available in the Policy Packet.
Security is contracted through the Garden Grove Police Department, and the number of officers required depends on your anticipated number of guests. Officers will be present 30 minutes before your event starts, and will be present until 30 minutes after the event. Officers are here to protect you, your guests, and city property against damage and illegal activities. Officers will monitor the distribution of alcohol.
- Events may be booked by paying the full deposit.
- Room & Set Up Fees are due four (4) months prior to your scheduled event date.
- Security fees are due one (1) month prior to your scheduled event date.
- If your event is less than 4 months away, all related fees must be paid in full.
If you are not quite ready to book your event, but want to hold the date for seven (7) business days, you may place a Temporary Hold on the room. Specifics are outlined in the Policy Packet.
All fees may be paid via check, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or money order. Personal checks are accepted if event is 5+ months away.
Yes, you may purchase up to two (2) Extra Set-up Hours at $45.00 each hour.
Also, because we realize that some events require elaborate décor, we now are able to offer the purchase of two (2) Additional Extended Pre Event Set-up Hours (3rd and 4th hours) for $154/hour.
However, Extra and Additional hours are available for set-up and decorating only. Additional event hours are not available. Also, only 60 minutes (1 hour) is allowed for clean-up following the event, so the more elaborate the décor, the more people you will need to have for your Clean-Up Crew.
We do not supply table linens, nor chair covers. We are able to provide chair dimensions so that you can work with your vendor for chair covers, if desired.
Yes, you may bring in your own tables and chairs. Liability insurance would be required.
You may bring in the caterer of your choice.
Each of our kitchens have stove tops, ovens, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and prep counters. You may choose to have the food prepared on-site; or warmed, plated, and stored in our kitchen. Regardless of who provides the food for your event, improper use of our kitchen equipment or sinks are the responsibility of the client.
We do have an ice machine at each facility, however, we advise clients to bring in bags of ice to be sure to meet all needs throughout the event. You may take home the ice you purchase if not used.
Each facility has a private room that may be utilized for this purpose. However, eating, relaxing, or congregating in these areas is prohibited.
For liability reasons, items are not able to be stored at our facilities, except during rented event hours.
Yes, to support your needs, we have the following refreshments available for purchase: Coffee, Tea, Sodas, Water Bottles. Please refer to our Equipment Rental and Beverage Package page for specific pricing.
Bounce Houses are allowed only at the Courtyard Center, and require a permit. We have a list of acceptable Bounce House vendors available. Additional information is available in our Policy Packet.