We are adhering to California and OC Health Department reopening guidelines. All aspects of our program are subject to change based on updated COVID-19 guidelines.
Classes offered are part of an American Red Cross certified program. Classes are designed to emphasize the development of swimming skills to promote personal safety, health, and exercise, as well as social interaction.
To view the Garden Grove Aquatics program information in Spanish, please click here.
To view the Garden Grove Aquatics program information in Vietnamese, please click here
2020 Summer Aquatics
The City of Garden Grove plans to offer a limited amount of group and private swim lessons at Gary Hall and Woodbury pools July- August 2020.
Pools will open for lessons on Monday, July 6th, 2020.
Recreational swim is suspended until further notice.
COVID-19 ADJUSTED PROGRAM
During this unprecedented time, due to the current pandemic, the City of Garden Grove is modifying the aquatics program to preserve the safety of our patrons and staff. We maintain that water safety is essential to the well being of the children of our community. In order to provide an effective program, we are modifying our program as follows:
- Smaller class sizes- up to five children maximum.
- No contact lessons: instructors will teach from the poolside. (*All pre-school, Guppy, Seal, and some private levels will require a parent or guardian in the water with their child.)
- Distanced learning- Classes will be modified to allow 6ft of space between students.
- Sanitizing - all commonly used surfaces and objects will be sanitized between lessons.
- Patron limitations - Only swim participants and one parent/ guardian will be allowed on the pool deck.
- Ready to swim: Students must arrive on-time, ready to swim (in their swimsuits). No one will be permitted to change on the pool deck, or linger after class has finished.
- Wellness checks - Parents are encouraged to check in with themselves and their children before leaving the house to attend swim lessons. Please stay home if you or your children have a fever (100.4 degrees or higher), a persistent cough, or shortness of breath. We will also be conducting verbal wellness checks with our patrons prior to entering the pool deck.
Starting on June 16th 2020, we will begin taking reservations for pool rentals.
Gary Hall Pool and Woodbury Park Pool will be available to rent on Saturdays and Sundays from July 11th through August 15th.
Rentals will be limited to parties of up to 20 people for a maximum of 2 hours for the 2020 aquatics season.
Pool Rental pricing will be as follows:
$55 for 1 Hour
$90 for 2 Hours
Max 20 persons per rental
Max 2 hours per rental.
Reservations must be made in person at the Recreation front desk at City Hall.
For questions about rentals please call (714) 741-5200.
2020 Swim Lessons
Session A July 6-16
Registration for A, Tuesday June 16th
Session B July 20-30
Registration for B, Wednesday July 8th
Session C August 3-13
Registration for C, Wednesday July 22nd
Class sessions are held every two weeks, Monday through Thursday for 40 minutes at the following times:
AM Lessons: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, & 12:00
PM Lessons: 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, & 6:00
Gary Hall Pool (Eastgate Park)
12001 Saint Mark St. (near Chapman and Valley View)
Woodbury Park Pool
13800 Rosita (near Newhope & Westminster)
Group lessons are available in a series of eight (8) lessons, 40 minutes in length. Parents or guardians are required to be in the water with their students for preschool, guppy, and seal levels. If the parent or guardian is not ready to be in the water with their child on the first day of class, they will be asked to leave and return prepared the next day.
All classes are $60 per session
Class schedule available at: https://ggcity.org/reggister
Individual instruction for all ages is available in a series of eight (8) lessons, 40 minutes in length.
Participants enrolled in semi-private lessons will occupy the same lane, and must be from the same household. Children who are ages 3-6 and/or swimming at the guppy or seal level will require an adult in the water.
Private for one is $200
Semi-private for two is $280
Semi-private for three is $360
How to Register:
- Go to our website, https://ggcity.org/reggister
- Select "Browse by categories”
- Select “Summer Aquatics” and scroll until you find the level and class time at your desired pool location.
- Select the blue “Add” button to add a class to your registration cart.
- If you have not logged-in, you will be redirected to log-in to your ReGGister account or to create an account.
- To create an account, first provide the information for the registering adult and then proceed to add your child to your account.
**Be sure to mark their role as a student at the top of the page.
- Continue to register for classes or check out with your cart.
**When registering multiple children, be sure to mark the correct child with the correct course level.
If you would like to register for a semi-private:
- All students must be from the same household.
- Choose only one student to enroll in a private lesson.
- Contact a pool manager to add remaining students. Call 714-741-5200 during city hall opening hours.
NOTE: All programs, classes and fees are subject to change or cancel without notice. Should a participant wish to cancel or change a class after the registration process, there will be a $5 processing fee per class. Refund requests must be made to the start of the first class or program. Class changes or transfers may only be accommodated if space allows and . Please be absolutely sure you register your child in the appropriate class for their swim ability. Due to the impact of Covid-19 on our program, we will not be able to accommodate class transfers due to mistakes in registration. Your child will be asked to leave the first day of class if they are not enrolled in the correct level. Refunds will not be offered for mis-registrations within a week prior to the class start date.
For questions or more information, please call the Community Services Department at (714) 741-5200.