Don't be a Water Waster! Follow these tips and help to save hundreds of gallons of water!
- Install a low-flow showerhead, then take only 5-minute showers or 3-inch baths.
- Install 1.28 gallon high efficiency toilet, which can save 52 gallons per day.
- Catch water in a bucket or watering can while waiting for it to get hot. Then use it on plants, or pour into toilet bowl to flush.
- Fix all leaky toilets, faucets, and pipes.
- Do not use the toilet to flush trash.
- Turn off the water when shaving, brushing teeth, lathering in the shower, washing dishes, or cleaning produce.
- Run only full loads in dishwashers and washing machines.
- Water your lawn no more than once a week, and operate automatic sprinklers manually. Water outdoors in the early morning or evening.
- Use a bucket, sponge, and a hose with a shut-off valve, to wash your car.
- Sweep (never hose) your driveway, patio and sidewalk.
Make Every Drop Count
Water Used for Common Activities Brushing teeth3 gallons a dayShower40 gallons every 10 minutesBath20 gallonsToilet28 gallons a day per personWashing machine45 gallons per loadCooking5 gallons per dayDishwasher15 gallons per loadHosing driveway150 gallonsWashing car150 gallons
Not so common
Filling a swimming pool . . . 20,000 - 25,000 gallons Water Billing(714) 741-5078Water Services(714) 741-53957:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.Mon. - Thurs.7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Alternating Fridays* Closed alternating Fridays
* Call Water Services to turn on or off the shut-off valve at the curb.