- Property releases will be done by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call (714) 741-5784.
- Vehicle releases have resumed in person. For information, call (714) 741-5710.
- Residents who require non-emergency assistance may call (714) 741-5704. For emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
Officers will continue to respond to calls for service, but some reports will be handled by telephone to limit in-person contact.
For a list of all City modified services, visit https://ggcity.org/modified-services.
The Garden Grove Police Department started the Volunteers in Policing (VIP) Program in 1994. Our volunteers’ efforts enhance the police department’s effectiveness by completing important, non-emergency functions to improve the quality of life in Garden Grove. They perform many tasks that have historically been performed by uniformed police personnel or civilian personnel. VIPs have also undertaken projects that were previously not considered feasible due to the lack of staffing resources. The volunteers assist within different units in the police department and other city departments.
Current volunteer assignments and duties include
- Home vacation checks
- Resort area checks
- Commercial area patrol checks
- Police Department front lobby
- Investigations Bureau
- Records Unit
- Crime Analysis Unit
- Budget and Accounting
- City Hall lobby
- Housing Authority lobby
- Police Memorial beautification
- Buena Clinton Youth and Family Center/Magnolia Park Family Resource Center
- Special events and projects
- First Aid Kit checks
- Volunteers in Policing Emergency Response (VIPER)
VIPER (Volunteers in Policing Emergency Response) Program
VIPERS are volunteers with specialized training. They are available on a 24-hour callout basis for field work assignments in emergency incidents. The Garden Grove Police Department VIPER Program was developed to allow police officers to address higher priority calls by relieving them of time-consuming duties.
How to become a GGPD Volunteer
- Initial application submission
- Interview process
- Background orientation and investigation
- Training and orientation
Please email your completed application and a copy of your ID to email@example.com. For any questions pertaining to the volunteer program, please call the Volunteer Coordinator at (714) 741-5592.