- Property releases will be done by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call (714) 741-5784.
- Vehicle releases have resumed in person. For information, call (714) 741-5710.
- Residents who require non-emergency assistance may call (714) 741-5704. For emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
Officers will continue to respond to calls for service, but some reports will be handled by telephone to limit in-person contact.
For a list of all City modified services, visit https://ggcity.org/modified-services.
About the Academy
Conducted by the Garden Grove Police Department, the Citizen Academy is an annual program where Garden Grove residents, community members, and business owners can learn about the Police Department's daily operations and services.
Click the link below to apply.
The Citizen Academy curriculum is comprehensive and includes classroom-style presentations as well as practical demonstrations. Participants are also given the opportunity to go on a ride-along with a patrol officer and a field trip to the shooting range.
• Department Overview
• Personnel and Recruitment
• Special Weapons and Tactics (S.W.A.T.)
• Police Academy and Field Officer Training
• Use of Force and Officer Involved Shootings
• Department Divisions – Gang Suppression Unit, K9 Unit, Neighborhood Traffic Unit, Special Investigations Unit, Special Resources Team, Crime Analysis Unit, Crimes Against Persons Unit, and Property Crimes Unit
• Patrol Procedures
• Crime Prevention
Participants must live or work in Garden Grove, be at least 21 years old, and have no felony conviction, outstanding warrants, or pending criminal cases.
All participants will be required to undergo a criminal background check before acceptance into the Citizen Academy.
Completed applications can be emailed to the Community Liaison Division at firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed (ATTN: Community Liaison Division, 11301 Acacia Parkway, Garden Grove, CA 92840), or dropped off at the front desk.
For more information, please contact the Community Liaison Division at (714) 741-5760.