- Property releases will be done by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call (714) 741-5784.
- Vehicle releases have resumed in person. For information, call (714) 741-5710.
- Residents who require non-emergency assistance may call (714) 741-5704. For emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
Officers will continue to respond to calls for service, but some reports will be handled by telephone to limit in-person contact.
For a list of all City modified services, visit https://ggcity.org/modified-services.
Car Seat Inspections
According to the California Passenger Safety Law, “children under age 8 must be properly buckled into a safety seat or booster in the back seat. All children under 2 must ride in a rear-facing safety seat unless they are at least 40” in height or 40 pounds in weight. A child in a rear-facing safety seat may not ride in the front if there is an active passenger air bag.”
Our Community Service Officers are certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians who educate parents and caregivers on how to properly install car seats into vehicles.
If you are interested in learning more about car seat safety or would like to receive a free car seat inspection, contact the Community Liaison Division at CrimePrevention@ggcity.org to schedule an appointment. We will ask you a series of questions including your child’s age, height, weight, car seat brand and model, and vehicle make and model in preparation for your inspection.
Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death in children ages 1-4. Drowning can happen anywhere there is water, including bathtubs, sinks, pools, oceans, or even buckets.
Drowning is 100% preventable. Children drown without a sound and it only takes seconds for someone to drown with only a handful of water.
Follow these simple safety steps in and around the water:
- Never leave a child unattended.
- Teach children how to swim.
- Teach children to stay away from drains.
- Ensure all pools and spas have compliant drain covers.
- Install proper barriers, covers, and alarms on and around the pool and spa.
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults.
If you are interested in learning more about water or pool safety, contact the Community Liaison Division at (714) 741-5761 or (714) 741-5762 or via email at CrimePrevention@ggcity.org. Our trained Community Service Officers will come to you to demonstrate water safety and provide important materials and resources to prevent drowning.