Is your roof damaged or leaking? The City of Garden Grove wants to help by offering the Re-Roof Loan Program. Qualifying families can apply for up to $20,000 of assistance to replace their substandard roof.
- Roof must be substandard and in need of repair/replacement as determined by a City Building Official.
- Property must be located in the city of Garden Grove and be a single-family home.
- Applicant must own and occupy the home.
- Applicant’s monthly debt to income ratio needs to be below 45%.
- Must income-qualify (see chart below)
|Total Annual Household Income||$66,500||$76,000||$85,500||$94,950||$102,550||$110,150||$117,750||$125,350|
Income Limits are provided by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and are subject to change without notice www.hcd.ca.gov/grants-funding/income-limits/state-and-federal-income-li…
- 20 Year Deferred Loan.
- Up to $20,000.
- Accrues 3% annual interest for first 5 years of the loan.
- Interest is forgiven and set at 0% after the 5th year.
- Homeowner must maintain fire, flood, and title insurance for the life of the loan.
- Loan is due and payable if the resident: sells, transfers, forecloses, or defaults on the home.
- Participants will be chosen through a random lottery system.
Required Application Documents
- Most Current W2's for 2 years.
- Most Current 30 days of pay stubs, must be consecutive.
- 2 years Personal Tax Returns (all pages, these are your 1040's).
- 2 years Business Tax Returns (if you are self employed or own a business).
- Most current benefit award letter (social security, pension, etc.) if you are retired.
- Most current retirement statement.
- Most current 6 months bank statements (all pages) - review your deposit, if you have $500.00 and above and it's not payroll, please provide an explanation.
- 401K, IRA, CD's, 203B's, etc., 2 months of the most current statements, or if quarterly most current quarter (all pages).
- Terms of withdrawal (if using money from retirement account such as 401K).
- Copy of drivers' license or any government issued ID.
- Copy of resident alien and social security card if not US citizen.
- VA loan - DD214.
- Child support order.
- Proof of fire, flood (if applicable), and title insurance.
- Photos of roof showing the damage (submit with the pre-application).
To start the process, fill out the Re-Roof Loan Program application. Once the application period ends on February 24th, 2020, City Staff will conduct a random lottery of the qualified applicants to decide who receives the loan. After the ten program participants have been chosen, City Staff will request a full application packet with relevant supporting documents for loan underwriting. Please return completed applications to: