At the March 14, 2023 Garden Grove City Council meeting, the Public Works Department introduced a new water rate study during the City Council Study Session.
The presentation provided an overview of water system facilities, the City's existing water rates, and the financial status of the City's Water Utility.
The presentation also reviewed water utility revenues and expenses, defined water system repairs and improvements, regulatory compliance, and Proposition 218 compliance. The study will provide a 5-year plan for future water rates.
Below is an initial timeframe outlining key steps in the process, with specific dates to be announced.
- Study begins: March 2023
- City Council study sessions: June 27, 2023; July 25, 2023; August 22, 2023
- Public Workshop: September 27, 2023
- Final Report: Early 4th Quarter 2023
- Council decisions on how to proceed: 4th Quarter 2023
- Rate changes, if any, go into effect: 1st Quarter 2024
This page will be updated with the most current information and schedules.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Samuel Kim, P.E.
Deputy Public Works
Director/ Water Services Manager
Garden Grove Water Rate Inquiry Hotline: (714) 741-5520
Public Hearing Notice
More details coming soon.