Skip to main content

Claim for Damages

Claims filed against the City are processed through the City Clerk’s office. All claims must be submitted no later than six months of your incident. To file a claim, download the form, complete all required fields, and personally deliver or mail your original form to the City Clerk’s office. You may also contact the City Clerk’s office and request a form be mailed to you.

Claims Process:

Submit your original claim form and any supporting documents to the City Clerk’s office at

11222 Acacia Parkway,
P.O. Box 3070,
Garden Grove, 92842-3070

Upon receipt of your original claim form, the City Clerk’s office processes your claim and forwards it to Risk Management in the Finance Department.

The Risk Management Division reviews all claims filed against the city and will contact you within six weeks.

Claim Against the City of Garden Grove (PDF Format)