Skip to main content

Participation at Public Meetings

Watch or Listen

The City Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. For meeting dates, please see 2022 Meeting Dates.

Provide Comments

The public comment period is an opportunity to address the council on items that are under the purview of the City and is not intended as a question and answer period. Members of the public who wish to address the City Council on regular or special closed session items, items on the regular or special agenda or on matters which are not on the agenda, but are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council may do so by:

  • ### Mailing Written Communications
    (no later than 3:00 p.m. on the meeting date)
    Public comments may be mailed to:

    The City Clerk’s Office
    P.O. Box 3070
    Garden Grove, CA 92482-3070.

    All written communications received via mail will be distributed to the Mayor and City Council; or

  • ### E-mail
    (no later than 3:00 p.m. on the meeting date)
    Public comments may be sent via email to the City Clerk’s office at

    Please note the agenda item you are commenting on in the subject line of the email. Comments received will be forwarded to the Mayor and City Council prior to the meeting and will be posted on the City’s open Government page as soon as possible after the meeting has been conducted. Comments received after the 3:00 p.m. deadline will be forwarded to the Mayor and City Council after the meeting; or

  • ### In-Person Public Comments
    Members of the public can provide in-person comments at the podium in the Council Chamber located at:

    11300 Stanford Avenue,
    Garden Grove, California 92840

    The Council Chamber will have seating available for members of the public to attend in-person that is spaced for social distancing.  If you plan to attend the meeting in person, masks or face coverings are required to be worn if you are not vaccinated. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. Speakers who wish to address the Council should submit a "Speaker Card" to the City Clerk.  Cards will not be accepted after the public comment period has been closed without the permission of the Mayor or presiding chair.