Published: March 23, 2020; 5:15 p.m.
The men and women of the Garden Grove Police Department are committed to the safety of our residents, visitors and employees. We are fully staffed, conducting extra patrols (especially of retail areas) and responding to all emergency calls for service.
In order to continue providing quality public safety to our community, while still mitigating everyone's exposure to COVID-19, our methods for handling calls have temporarily changed.
For non-emergencies, contact us at (714) 741-5704 and a report will be taken over the phone. If you have an emergency, please call or text 9-1-1. To help us keep our first responders safe, our dispatchers may ask the following screening questions:
- Are you sick or have any difficulty breathing?
- Have you had any recent travel outside the country?
- Do you have any reason to think you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
As a reminder,
- The stay-at-home order is not a lockdown. However, please adhere to the Governor's Executive Order.
- Martial Law has not been enacted in Garden Grove or Orange County.
- Garden Grove does not have a mandatory curfew for adults.
With that said, if you don't need to go out, please stay home. We are asking for voluntary compliance. It's truly for your health and ours. Businesses or groups not following the stay-at-home directive will be educated on its necessity.
If you go out, remember to adhere to preventative measures and guidelines, as well as practice social distancing. Let's work together, be kind and get through this. For the latest information and updates on this fluid situation, visit ggcity.org/coronavirus.