Mandatory Commercial Recycling
As of July 1, 2012, the State adopts mandatory commercial recycling to improve air quality by reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) that are produced in landfills. This new law affects the commercial sector (businesses, schools, non-profits, industrial facilities) that generates four cubic yards or more of solid waste per week and multifamily residential dwellings of five units or more. In order to comply with this new law, businesses and multifamilies will need to apply good faith efforts in recycling through the following options:
- Subscribe to a recycling service through Garden Grove Disposal
- Drop off recyclable materials at recycling centers.
- To improve recovery, GGD asks that you “bag” and tightly secure “wet” garbage to avoid contamination of recyclable material and empty dry waste into your collection container “loosely.”
- Sign up for recycling service with GGD, call (714) 238-3300 or visit their website.
- For a list of local recycling centers, please see list. *Please note, the City has an exclusive franchise with GGD to provide solid waste collection and process end services. Please contact GGD at (714) 238-3300 to discuss recycling services available
- For more information on recyclable materials, please visit our Trash & Recycling webpage
- For more information on the State law, please visit CalRecycle.
- For more information on how to start a Recycling Program, please click here.