Water Conservation Ordinance
To inquire about repairs, operations, engineering and sanitation services, call (714) 741-5395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water bill payments can be made:
- Over the phone: (888) 867-2992
- Online: https://ggcity.org/water
- Pay by mail
- Drop off check or money order payment in the drop box in the front of City Hall
To inquire about your water bill, start or stop water services, call (714) 741-5078 or visit ggcity.org/finance/water-billing
STAGE 1 WATER WATCH
The City of Garden Grove is in Stage 1 – Voluntary Conservation - Water Watch
In response to an adequate water supply and the elimination of the State Water Board's water reduction mandate, the City of Garden Grove has declared a Stage 1 Voluntary Conservation Water Watch conservation level. Stage 1 took effect on September 13, 2016 and includes the following guidelines:
On a voluntary basis, customers may water once every other day, before 10 am and after 5 pm, for a maximum of 15 minutes per station.
Watering by use of a hand-water shut-off nozzle is permitted any day.
WATER CONSERVATION ORDINANCE
In addition, the City has permanent requirements effective at all times, including:
- Only 15 minutes per day per station for watering with auto sprinklers, unless low-flow drip systems or weather-based controllers are used..
- No watering during, or within 48 hours of, rainfall.
- Must use shutoff hose nozzle when washing vehicles.
- No water runoff.
- No washing down sidewalks or driveways.
- Water leaks must be fixed immediately.
- No operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
To obtain detailed information on water restrictions, refer to the Municipal Code on the City website, located in Title 14: Water, Chapter 40: Water Conservation Program.
The City encourages its residents to use water efficiently and conserve whenever possible. If you spot water wasting activities as described above, please report it to the Water Services Division at (714) 741-5395.