City to Re-Open Park Tennis, Handball Courts under Social Distancing Restrictions
Starting this Friday, May 8, all park tennis and handball courts only, located in the city of Garden Grove, will re-open under 6-foot social distancing restrictions. The re-opening follows Governor Gavin Newsom’s implementation of Stage 2 of the resilience roadmap by adaptively re-opening lower-risk businesses and public spaces, expected to begin this Friday.
The City will be installing signage at all park tennis courts outlining social distancing guidelines of at least 6 feet of distance between individuals, with other restrictions including:
- No doubles play, singles play only;
- No congregating or lingering on or near the courts before or after play;
- No non-tennis activities on tennis courts;
- No playing if exhibiting symptoms of illness or been in contact over the last 14 days with someone having COVID-19;
- And, adherence to other US Tennis Association recommendations such as not picking up balls by hand, not sharing racquets or personal equipment, no handshakes or high-fives, and avoiding touching gates, fences, benches, and other court amenities.