On Monday, May 18, 2020, Garden Grove City Hall, located at 11222 Acacia Parkway, will re-open its lobby counters under modified services, in line with Orange County Health Care Agency public safety guidelines to avoid the spread of the coronavirus. The re-opening is in accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s designation into Stage 2 of the state’s 4-stage Resilience Roadmap, allowing low-risk businesses to gradually re-open.
“There’s a sense of careful optimism in re-opening our City Hall doors to the community. We’ve planned our re-opening with the well-being of our employees and the public as a top priority by installing important health safeguards and following restrictive guidelines set by county and state health agencies,” said Garden Grove City Manager Scott Stiles.
New safeguards in place include:
- Plexiglass shields installed at each public front counter to protect both sides from contamination.
- Six-foot social distancing floor markers.
- Signage reinforcing public health and safety requirements.
- Requiring all City Hall visitors to wear face masks before admitted entry.
- Limiting the number of walk-in visitors to City Hall.
City Hall will accept walk-in visitors for water bill payments, recreation services, and for pre-scheduled appointments only. All other services, including in-person services, are available by appointment, online, or by calling the following departments and divisions:
- Building & Safety: (714) 741-5307
o Business Tax: (714) 741-5074
o Code Enforcement: (714) 741-5350
o Community Services/Parks & Facilities: (714) 741-5200
o Engineering: (714) 741-5192
o Housing Services: (714) 741-5150
- Planning Services: (714) 741-5312
- Public Works/Water Services: (714) 741-5375 / (714) 741-5395
- Water Bill Inquiries: (714) 741-5078
o Water Bill Payments: (888) 867-2992
For all other services, please call (714) 741-5000, or visit the department pages listed in the Open Government portal.
The Garden Grove Police Department lobby, at 11301 Acacia Parkway, will also re-open on Monday, May 18, 2020 under Orange County Health Care Agency public safety guidelines, including limiting the number of walk-in visitors. Appointments are still required for property releases and Livescan services:
- Property releases: (714) 741-5784
- Livescan: (714) 741-5953
For general information, call the police department’s non-emergency telephone number at (714) 741-5704.
Also re-opening on Monday will be the Garden Grove Municipal Service Center, at 13802 Newhope Street. Their telephone number is (714) 741-5375.
For more information, visit the City’s coronavirus webpage at ggcity.org/coronavirus.