City Hall, City Facilities, Programs, Water Shut-Offs, Street Sweeping Citations Remain Closed or Suspended Through April 17
March 26, 2020
UPDATE (4/16/20; 5:21 p.m.)
The City of Garden Grove has officially extended its local emergency order to continue until further notice. For more information, visit ggcity.org/coronavirus/news.
Due to the continuing COVID-19 health emergency, the City of Garden Grove announces the extended closures of City Hall and other City facilities, cancellation of City programs and classes, suspension of water shut-offs for non-payment, and the discontinuation of street sweeping parking citations through Friday, April 17, 2020. The City’s Emergency Operation Centers will also remain activated through April 17.
Today, the City officially extended its local emergency order in response to the coronavirus, originally declared on Monday, March 16, 2020, and set to expire on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
The new order also extends late payments for water service to be accepted, without penalty, if paid by Friday, May 1, 2020.
The City will also continue suspensions on limitations for the hours of operation and deliveries to businesses and establishments engaged in essential services, in order to facilitate the movement of goods to grocery stores and other establishments.
At the Tuesday, March 24 regular City Council meeting, the Garden Grove City Council approved the local emergency resolution that included a moratorium on rental evictions through May 31, 2020.
As a reminder, water bill payments can be made online at ggcity.org/water, over the phone at (888) 867-2992, mailed to Garden Grove City Hall, located at 11222 Acacia Parkway, Garden Grove 92840, or non-cash payments may be placed in the drop-off box located in front of Garden Grove City Hall.
Other City measures currently in place include:
- Closure of all park amenities, including restrooms, playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, and basketball and tennis courts.
- Closure of the Garden Grove Police Department headquarters front lobby, 11301 Acacia Parkway. For non-emergencies, questions, and reports, please call (714) 741-5704. 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Closure of Republic Services offices. Refuse payments can be made at republicservices.com or by calling (714) 238-2444. Curbside recycling and yard waste collection services still in place, but bulk and e-waste programs suspended; drivers will no longer pick up waste left outside of residential or commercial containers. Contact Republic Services for more information.
- Closure of H. Louis Lake Senior Center, 11300 Stanford Avenue. Continued meal distribution for seniors, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For information call (714) 741-5253.
- Closure of Atlantis Play Center, 13630 Atlantis Way, through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
- Addition of a Virtual Recreation Center, ggcity.org/virtual-recreation-center, to keep families engaged.
For a complete directory of City services visit ggcity.org/modified-services. For additional information on City services, including community resources, business assistance, and notifications through the City’s mobile app, visit the City’s coronavirus webpage at ggcity.org/coronavirus.