In observance of May as the International Code Council’s (ICC) 39th annual Building Safety Month, themed “No Code. No Confidence.,” the City of Garden Grove and the Certified Access Specialist (CASp) will host a free building safety seminar on Wednesday, May 1, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Garden Grove Community Meeting Center, located at 11300 Stanford Avenue. The seminar will provide valuable information and resources for members in the building, construction, engineering, planning, and related industries.
The seminar will be presented by the City of Garden Grove’s Community and Economic Development Department’s Building Official, David Dent, and representatives from the Cities of Inglewood, Irvine, Laguna Niguel, and Long Beach.
The free seminar’s agenda is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Registration and free continental breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Welcome and introductions
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Highlights of City projects
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Panel discussion
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Free lunch
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Code enforcement
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – CASp
- 1:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – Closing
- 1:15 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Exhibitor booths and networking
Sponsored by ICC, Building Safety Month is an international campaign that culminates in May to raise awareness and promote building safety, and the importance of building codes and a strong system of code enforcement to ensure that individuals are safe in the buildings where they live, work, and play.
Seating is limited. To register, email Svetlana Moure at email@example.com and include “GG Building Month RSVP” in the subject line.
For more information, visit the Building and Safety webpage.