In keeping with an updated policy on gatherings, recently issued by the California Department of Public Health and Governor Gavin Newsom, intended to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Garden Grove will be undertaking the following immediate measures through April 17, 2020:
Closing the following City facilities, and canceling all programs and classes:
- H. Louis Lake Senior Center;
- Garden Grove Sports and Recreation Center;
- Atlantis Play Center;
- Buena Clinton Youth and Family Center;
- Garden Grove Community Meeting Center;
- Garden Grove Courtyard Center.
H. Louis Lake Senior Center
The H. Louis Lake Senior Center will be providing a lunch meal option through Meals on Wheels OC. Days and times are subject to change. For more information, call the H. Louis Lake Senior Center at (714) 741-5253.
Family Resource Centers
The Family Resource Centers will have limited services. Please call the centers directly for more information:
- Buena Clinton Youth and Family Center, (714) 741-5768;
- Magnolia Park Family Resource Center, (714) 530-7413.
Tiny Tot Program
The Tiny Tot program will be canceled in accordance with the Garden Grove Unified School District’s suspension of classes.
Closing park amenities, including restrooms, playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, basketball and tennis courts. Parks will remain open, and the public is encouraged to utilize the green space.
Garden Grove City Hall
Garden Grove City Hall services will be provided by phone or email only. Water bill payments can be made over the phone at (888) 867-2992; online at ggcity.org/water; by mail; or drop box, located in front of City Hall (non-cash payments only).
As a reminder, many City services are available online, including building permits, utility billing, and other service requests. Visit ggcity.org/modified-services for a list of modified public counter services.
Garden Grove Housing Authority
Garden Grove Housing Authority will suspend all face-to-face office visits, and will be open for paperwork drop-off only. All services will be provided by phone or email. Annual inspections will be postponed and rescheduled. New lease inspections will be performed if the units are vacant, and all communication with the owner or tenant will be via email or phone. Failed inspection repairs will be verified via email with pictures provided by tenant/owner. Special inspections will be delayed unless it's essential to the health and safety of the tenant. For more information, call (714) 741-5150.
Garden Grove Police Department
The Garden Grove Police Department headquarters front lobby is closed. For non-emergency services, the public may use the red phone, located outside of police headquarters, or call the non-emergency number at (714) 741-5704. Officers will continue to respond to emergency calls, but will be limiting public contact. All registrant, fingerprinting, property release and Juvenile Justice Center programs are suspended. Vehicle releases will be done by appointment only.
Orange County Fire Authority
To reduce the potential exposure of COVID-19, all OCFA facilities are closed to the public through March 31. At that time we will evaluate the need to continue. It’s imperative our workforce stay healthy to serve our communities. Residents will continue to have access to sandbags at the following locations:
- OCFA Station #82, 11805 Gilbert Street
- OCFA Station #83, 12132 Trask Avenue
- OCFA Station #84, 12191 Valley View Street
City services will be provided by phone, email, online or mail only.
- The Garden Grove Municipal Service Center, 13802 Newhope Street, will be closed. Services will be provided by phone and email only.
- Public Works: (714) 741-5375
- Animal Care: (714) 741-5565, #1
- Water/Sewer Services: (714) 741-5395
- Water/Sewer Engineering: (714) 741-5346
City-Sponsored Events Canceled or Postponed
- Compost Giveaway (March 21)
- Eggscavation (April 11)
- Magnolia Park Family Resource Center 20th Anniversary (April 18)
- Call to Duty Police Memorial (May 21)
- Garden Grove College Graduates’ Reception (May 26)