The 4th of July is approaching, and the City would like to remind everyone to take the necessary precautions to ensure a safe and memorable celebration.
Only safe and sane fireworks bearing the California State Fire Marshal seal are permitted during the period of July 1 through July 4, in Garden Grove, and should only be discharged by a responsible adult. Any other firework is illegal and dangerous. Anyone caught in possession or discharging illegal fireworks will be subject to a $1,000 citation.
The Garden Grove Fire Department is prepared for contingencies on the holiday, and will be deploying additional fire fighters and fire investigators on July 4. In addition, the Garden Grove Police Department will add 2-man units to saturated, high-volume call areas.
To report illegal fireworks, call (714) 741-5704. Please be prepared to provide the address where the illegal firework was lit and a description of the individual(s) involved.
- Be considerate of your neighbors, especially veterans suffering from PTSD.
- Take precautions with your pets, view the 4th of July Pet Safety Tips.
- If your pet goes missing, call the Garden Grove Animal Care Services at (714) 741-5565 and press 1 for field services.
- Attend a professional fireworks show.
- Lighting fireworks should be done under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- Never light a dud firework.
- Do not light fireworks near combustibles such as vegetation and structures.
- Wet all discharged fireworks in a bucket of water before placing in a trashcan. A metal trashcan should be used.
- Move trashcans with discharged fireworks inside and away from combustibles such as structures.